Bank Support Assistant-Days
T: (028) 9046 1834
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Ref : 23-302-BSA-TM-WEB
Role: Bank Support Assistant
Location: The Mews, 143A Glen Road, Belfast BT11 8FU
Salary: Days – £12.68 per hour
Contract: Bank, Casual as and when required
Hours : Days shifts (range between 8am-10pm)
Flexibility is required to ensure the needs of the service are met.
The Mews is a Positive Behaviour Support Service (PBS) which consists of 12 single occupancy apartments located in West Belfast. The service provides a Person-Centred approach through supported living solutions to service users with Learning Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and complex needs. The Service operates under the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Framework and provides 24hr care and support.
PBS is a person centered framework for providing long term support to people with a learning disability, and/or autism, including those with mental health conditions, who have, or may be at risk of developing, behaviours that challenge. It is a blend of person centered values and behavioural science and uses evidence to inform decision-making.
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) approaches are based on a set of overarching values. These values include the commitment to providing support that promotes inclusion, choice, participation and equality of opportunity.
The role of Support Assistant requires a team approach in delivering person-centred care with a focus on achieving positive outcomes for the service users. This includes:
- Assisting with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion in a broad range of activities.
- Follow and assist with identified personal care and support needs of service users.
- Completing and maintaining CPI Safety Intervention training and using the techniques, where appropriate.
- Adhering to the standards set by RQIA, The Trust and NISCC; as well as Safeguarding protocols.
- Embracing the values of The Cedar Foundation, as well as demonstrating enthusiasm for the role.
The ideal candidate will be confident, calm and compassionate, who can provide meaningful support in times of crisis and within a challenging environment.
- Annual leave based on 28 days (inclusive of public and statutory holidays), based on accrual, paid in arrears per quarter.
- Statutory Sick Pay, if applicable.
- Auto enrolment into pension scheme, if applicable.
- Investor in People Platinum organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities.
- Free parking and tea & coffee available.
- The successful candidate will be supported and trained in CPI Intervention
- Demonstrable evidence of 1 years’ experience of providing care / support
- Effective verbal and written communication to include numeracy skills.
- Working knowledge of the needs of people with learning disabilities.
- Demonstratable understanding and knowledge on behaviours that challenge.
Apply Online at: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 4th December @10:00am
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER