Bank Support Assistant
T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Bank Support Assistant REF: 22-227-BSA-TM-WEB
Job Role Bank Support Assistant
Location The Mews Supported Living
143a Glen Road, Belfast BT11 8FU
Salary £12.05ph Days
Hours Bank as agreed
The Mews is a Positive Behaviour Support Service (PBS) which consists of 12 single occupancy apartments located in West Belfast. The service provides a Person-Centred approach through supported living solutions to service users with Learning Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and complex needs. The Service operates under the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Framework and provides 24hr care and support.
The role of Bank Support Assistant requires a team approach in delivering person-centred care with a focus on achieving positive outcomes for the service users. This includes:
- Assisting with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion in a broad range of activities.
- Follow and assist with identified personal care and support needs of service users.
- Completing and maintaining CPI Safety Intervention training and using the techniques, where appropriate.
- Adhering to the standards set by RQIA, Supporting People, HSCT and NISCC; as well as Adult Safeguarding protocols.
- Embracing the values of The Cedar Foundation, as well as demonstrating enthusiasm for the role.
- The ideal candidate will be confident, calm and compassionate, who can provide meaningful support in times of crisis and within a challenging environment
- Annual leave based on 28 days (inclusive of public and statutory holidays), based on accrual, paid in arrears per quarter.
- Statutory Sick Pay, if applicable.
- Auto enrolment into pension scheme, if applicable.
- Investor in People Platinum organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities.
- Free parking and Tea and coffee available
Demonstrable evidence of 1 years’ experience of providing care / support.
Effective verbal and written communication to include numeracy skills.
Working knowledge of the needs of people with learning disabilities.
Demonstratable understanding and knowledge on behaviours that challenge.
Closing Date: 10th of October 2022
Expected Interview Date: 18th of October 2022
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER