Northern Ireland Audit Office
T: (028) 9025 1000
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you want a career with purpose?
Due to increased demand, the NIAO is recruiting for an auditor to work as part of a dynamic and innovative team across a diverse portfolio of public sector clients. As an auditor in NIAO your work will inform and shape key decisions and long-term changes across the public sector in Northern Ireland.
This is a permanent full-time role (37 hours per week), however we welcome applications for part time hours. The Auditor role offers a very attractive salary of £39,066 to £41,142 (pro rata for part-time hours) and a range of attractive benefits including generous annual leave entitlement, pension package, family friendly benefits, flexible working, free car parking, on-site gym and an active sports and social calendar.
The office currently operates a hybrid working pattern consisting of working from home, at client sites and at headquarters in Belfast.
As part of this role you will be assigned a portfolio of work which may cover financial audits and public reporting. The role will include organising your work, preparing and delivering audit plans, audit fieldwork, research and analysis, drafting reports and building and maintaining relationships.
To apply for this role you must meet the following essential criteria:
1. At the closing date for applications you must
Have current full membership of one of the institutes listed below
Have met experience requirements, applied for and be awaiting confirmation of full membership from one of the institutes listed below
Have passed final exams and be on track to meet the experience requirements for one of the institutes listed below by 30 April 2023
– Chartered Accountants Ireland;
– The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
– The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
– The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
– The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
– The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
– The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
2. At least 2 years’ experience, gained since 2017, in the preparation or audit of financial statements or the production of published reports.
3. A full UK driving licence (or equivalent) and have access to a car or have access to a form of transport that will enable you to meet the mobility needs of the post.
4. The ability to analyse complex problems and recommend practical solutions.
5. Strong motivation with a proven ability to work as part of a team and to use your initiative.
Please refer to the Role Profile for more detail of key responsibilities and desirable criteria.
All job offers are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including background checks. Candidates are required to have the Right To Work in the UK and be able to demonstrate this in pre-employment checks.
NIAO is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds.