Associate Dentist (Self Employed)
T: 02890 247 333
We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Dentist to be part of our family run group of Practices and to join our team. There is an established Denplan list and an NHS list available. We pride ourselves on offering an excellent quality of care and service to our patients. Our practices are equipped with Digital X-Rays, Software of Excellence Practice Management Software and Rotary Endodontics.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS or BChD or BDentS)
- Registered with the General Dental Council
- Must have completed a VT year
As an Associate Dentist, your work will include:
- educating patients on oral healthcare;
- examining teeth and diagnosing patients' dental conditions by using tools such as x-rays;
- assessing treatment options and agreeing treatment plans with patients;
- carrying out agreed clinical treatments such as restoring teeth affected by decay and treating gum disease;
- maintaining patients' dental records;
- training and leading a team of staff;
- overseeing budgets and maintaining stocks of equipment;
- Marketing services to potential clients.
You will need to show:
- manual dexterity and technical dental skills, plus the ability to maintain intense concentration for prolonged periods;
- the ability to build relationships with patients and colleagues;
- high level communication and interpersonal skills, for interaction with patients of all ages and backgrounds;
- an interest in the welfare of others and a sympathetic manner, particularly to deal with patients' fears;
- good administrative and managerial abilities;
- Information technology skills, due to the increasing use of computers for keeping records and accounts, and for digital imaging of radiographs and intra-oral photography.