T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
As an Applications Engineer at Randox you will be responsible for providing technical support to customers, maintaining and servicing medical devices, verifying and managing supplier changes and supporting engineer documentation. You will work closely with other members of the customer service team to ensure that customer needs are met efficiently and effectively, while adhering to regulatory requirements for the medical device industry.
- Implementation of quality control on Rx Series clinical chemistry instruments.
- Installation of Rx analysers on customer sites.
- Deliver training in the operation and basic maintenance of analysers to internal staff and external customers.
- Reviewing technical documents including clinical equipment manuals.
- Validation of analyser products and reviewing IQ,OQ,PQ document.
- Providing technical and customer support.
- Fault-finding and troubleshooting assessing equipment malfunctions effectively.
- Adherence to company Positive work Environment Policies, health & safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Associated Skills:
- Ability to operate various analysers and analytical instrumentation.
- Record analytical data accurately.
- Be highly motivated and have the ability to work by themselves and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Understanding laboratory standards requirement.
- Be qualified to at least degree standard in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Immunology or a Life Science.
- Have experience in clinical chemistry and applications knowledge.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work effectively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal departments and customers.
- Possess excellent organisational skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Be available for extensive travel worldwide.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- Experience in computer hardware.
- Experience of a variety of medical instrumentation.
- Experience of engineering.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.