Analytical and dispensary Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Analytical and Dispensary Scientist – (Job Ref: 22N/ADTA)
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with an interest in materials and analytical chemistry to join our newly formed dispensary department. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting of all incoming raw materials for Randox Laboratories Ltd. This position will be based at our Randox Science Park in Antrim.
- Adherence to company Positive Work Environment Policies, Health and Safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Helping dispensary scientists with assessing and recording incoming raw materials and storing them in accordance with Randox polices/legislation.
- Processing data for the analysis of incoming raw materials using standard spectroscopic techniques in accordance with departmental workflows and giving vital information to scientists to help with decisions on pass/fail criteria based on a developing database.
- Feeding raw materials to all departments within Randox.
- Working alongside managerial staff to help monitor the necessary functioning within the department.
- Good Laboratory practice skills
- Ability to follow direction and work independently
- Associated scientific and technical knowledge
- Ability to record data accurately
- Ability to process data effectively
- The ability to work accurately and to prioritize workflow to meet deadlines
- Qualified to at least GCSE level in Science and Mathematics.
- Excellent attention to detail, with good communication and organisational skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient with a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Be able to demonstrate good laboratory practice skill/skills in maintaining a clean environment.
- Ability to handle stock safely and effectively.
- Experience with Health and Safety aspects of dealing with chemicals, including COSHH.
- Educated to a degree level in a science related discipline.
- Experience of general lab techniques.
- Ability to process large amounts of information into concise reports to allow for effective decision making.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.