T: (028) 90 325 835
Bryson Charitable Group is a diverse and dynamic organisation, comprising of a number of subsidiary companies including Bryson Recycling, Bryson Care, and Bryson Energy. The Finance Team supports all companies across the Group in the day-to-day financial running of each subsidiary, in addition to the preparation and reporting of key management information.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Financial Accountant (replacement role) to support Bryson Care business unit based in Belfast. This individual should have experience of working with a multi-functional finance team, knowledge of updated accounting standards, timely preparation of management information, and implementation of improvements to financial processes and procedures. This is an exciting and challenging role, working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you need to know:
- Location: Belfast city centre
- Contracted hours: 35hrs per week (early Finish Friday)
- Salary: £40k – £45k (depending on experience)
- 25 Annual days, 12 Stat days (pro-rata)
- Bryson Charitable Group pension scheme applies.
- Death in Service benefit
- Up to 6% pension contribution
What the role entails:
- To oversee the operation of the Bryson Care Finance Function, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract tenders, grant claims and payroll
- To support Bryson Care Business Director and the wider Care team in managing both the day-to-day business and strategic decision making
- To establish and execute internal controls, strengthening existing financial processes and identifying areas of improvements and automation.
- To ensure that team key performance indicators are set, allocated, monitored, met and reported on a timely basis.
- To deliver the monthly accounts timeline, ensuring all tasks are completed in line with defined time-scales.
- To prepare for and engage with auditors, implementing appropriate recommendations for improvement (internal, external, tax)
- To support the CFO in the development of timely and effective management information.
- To have strong IT capability particularly around finance software packages
- Any other duties that may from time to time be relevant.
What We Need from You:
- Fully qualified accountant ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience working in a fast paced, commercial finance department.
- Relevant experience in leading core financial functions in the following areas: payroll, Accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Relevant experience in improving and enhancing key financial processes and controls.
- Relevant experience in preparing for and engaging with auditors.
- Relevant experience in preparing timely management accounts.
- Experience with managing key external stakeholders on contract management.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with both external and internal stakeholders.
- To be self-motivated and be able to work as part of a wider team.
- Able to deal effectively with issues & problems.
- Excellent attention detail and strong analytical skills.