Accommodation and Community Support Worker-Bank Staff
Reports To: Project Manager/ Service Manager
Salary: £11.53 per hour
Department: Homelessness Services
Locations: Across Northern Ireland
Hours of Work: Casual Contract – Shift work as and when required.
Organisation Values: Our values are fundamental to how we work with clients and each other. We are driven by our values of being non-judgmental, existing to support our clients and meet their needs, being trustworthy and focused on ending homelessness and being dedicated to the people we support.
Job Purpose: As part of a team provide effective 24-hour support to the clients accessing our services, i.e., hostels, family and remote support units.
- Ability to demonstrate the core values of the Simon Community to include the following:
- IT Skills – ability to use email, internet and databases to electronically record support work (within SCNI we use a client recording system called OSKA but previous use of this is not essential).
- NISCC Registered (or willing to become registered if appointed) and willing to be subject to Access NI checks. (Successful applicants must commence NISCC registration process prior to employment).
- Six months’ recent experience (either paid or voluntary) of directly supporting people with complex and multiple needs within a residential or community setting gained within the last three years. Complex needs include the following areas: Homelessness Prevention, Substance Misuse, Offending, Mental Health, Young People.
- Experience of identifying support needs, including client specific risks and putting plans in place to support those needs.